Re: 4 stage SISG. Dinosaurs..

Original poster: "resonance" <resonance@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Largest IGBT so far is the PowerEx 1700 VDC, 2400 Amp units.

I used 24 of them in the design for my new 180 kVA "Big Bruiser", 6 on each corner of the H bridge, 12,000 Amps peak pri current. Design is for 75-80 ft long sparks. 7 ft dia. sec x 62 feet high overall. 58 ft long sec coil. 20 ft dia toroid with 8 ft dia toroid beneath this one. We may even go to 200 kVA on this design.

Dr. Resonance

For Really BIG coils. IGBT would get way expensive. Anyone know what the
highest wattage one is so far? Trex is extinct, but he could have eaten a
komodo dragon in one bite:-^) I'm still anxious to try a Terry Piranha II
solid state coil!

Jim Mora