Re: transformer oil, mineral oil, silicone sealant

Original poster: Mddeming@xxxxxxx In a message dated 2/21/07 5:18:47 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, tesla@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
Original poster: "miles waldron" <mileswaldron@xxxxxxxxxxx>

I made this diode array which is 7 X stacked 20 kv 40 ma FWB's in parallel. If
I make a square PVC chamber and seal the diodes into the chamber, can I get
away with filling it with silicone or something else? Or do I need to use
transformer oil, or mineral oil? I would rather the end result not leak oil
or spew rancid mineral oil. I dissected the diodes from a working 120 kvdc
x-ray. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Miles Waldron

Hi Miles,

You may have a heat problem. If so, oils are more efficient in cooling because they cool by both conduction and convection. Pure Mineral Oil cannot get rancid. Only animal or .vegetable-based oils or blends can get rancid.

Matt D.

<http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/1615326657x4311227241x4298082137/aol?redir=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Eaol%2Ecom%2Fnewaol>Check out free AOL. Most comprehensive set of free safety and security tools, millions of free high-quality videos from across the web, free AOL Mail and much more.