Re: Diathermy, Crookes and Geissler tubes

Original poster: Alastair <alastairw@xxxxxxxxx>

Well, years of scouring eBay is largely responsible, but it seems the
good stuff comes round less and less now and when it does then it
attracts so much interest that prices are so high. I have alaso bought
at Scientific Antique fairs. I've also been lucky to make contact with
private collectors disposing of or just rationalising their
collections.

If you persist it is still quite possible to build up such a
collection, you just have to be a bit obsessed :-)

Alastair"

I sort of expected an answer like that - nothing like perserverence! I'm still green with envy, both for the tubes and for the induction coil which is a classic masterpiece.

Ed