Re: Building SSTC from Carl Willis old design

Original poster: "Steve Ward" <steve.ward@xxxxxxxxx>

Its a fairly straight forward design, and may be fine to start out
with.  The 15V might need to be a few hundred mA, it depends on the
size of mosfet you are driving and at what frequency and duty cycle.
500mA would be plenty im sure.

I have many SSTC designs on my site:

http://www.stevehv.4hv.org/

Some are better documented than others, though.

Steve Ward

I am building the SSTC from Carl Willis' design on
<http://www.angelfire.com/electronic/cwillis/fetcoil2.html>http://www.angelfire.com/electronic/cwillis/fetcoil2.html
. I had 3 questions before I assemble it. 1) is there an updated SSTC
that is better and just as easy to build and understand. 2) How many
amps is the 15VDC transformer that I need to buy. I attached a image
of the circuit I am building.