Re:

Original poster: Mike <megavolts61@xxxxxxxxx>

Hey Gerry,
I totally agree with you...If using a NST, I set the main gap such that just fires with nothing else attached....I always use a Terry Filter and my safety gap is set to just 'not fire' with nothing else attached. I've had about 20 NST's and only ever fried my first one. lol
Mike

Hi Mike and Chris,

Using this LTR value will go a long way to protecting your
NST.  However, you still need to have your safety gap properly set as
the transients could put the voltage in excess of the 12KV rating.

Gerry R.