Re: Fw: Tesla List - Micro Wave Oven Transformers

Original poster: G Hunter <dogbrain_39560@xxxxxxxxx>

I'm unclear about your question.  Are you trying to
calculate the correct size ballast for MOTs?  Is your
goal to wind your own ballast, or are you merely
trying to figure out what kind of ballast to buy?

Yes, one can measure inductance with simple equipment.
 A digital LCR meter comes to mind.  In the US one can
be bought new for under $100.  They are probably about
the same price over there.  A digital multimeter with
an inductor function is probably even cheaper. Check
e-bay and Amazon.

BTW, if you buy commercially made ballasts (lamp
ballasts or guitar amp chokes for example), you won't
need to measure their inductance as it will be a known
value.

Cheers,

Greg