Re: Coil form material - Q-killer?

Original poster: Terrell Fritz <terrellfone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

At 12:07 AM 1/10/2007, you wrote:

At 05:56 PM 1/9/2007, you wrote:
Original poster: "Gav D" <gdingley@xxxxxxxxx>

Hi Ed, Jim, Mike
thanks for that information, I will alter my PSpice simulation
accordingly. Were either of you able to measure the Q directly, i.e.
before breakout occurs during operation? I have attempted this by
recording the waveform digitally and performing an FFT, but I think in
the end I was just testing the effectiveness of the FFT! I should
resort to more analogue methods, and suggestions/ideas?

Terry did some of those measurements, gosh, 5-10 years ago. He put a secondary out in the garage and pinged it with an impulse and digitized the waveform to measure Q variations with temperature and humidity. Maybe he'll pipe up with a pointer to the data.

Hi,

Here is the link,

http://www.abelian.demon.co.uk/tssp/qvar070402/

Cheers,