RE: an interesting mechanical engineering problem

Original poster: Mike <megavolts61@xxxxxxxxx>

More than that...   consider the power going through the
coil.  Consider what happens if those saw fingers only contact the
next section of pipe at a few places,  with a little copper oxide in
between the two layers of copper metal, giving a resistance of 1 ohm

I like this idea. I did a similar thing to connect to lengths of magnet ribbon, except I soldered the halves with silver containing solder
Mike

Have a burning question? Go to <http://answers.yahoo.com/;_ylc=X3oDMTFvbGNhMGE3BF9TAzM5NjU0NTEwOARfcwMzOTY1NDUxMDMEc2VjA21haWxfdGFnbGluZQRzbGsDbWFpbF90YWcx>Yahoo! Answers and get answers from real people who know.