RE: Suitable doorknob caps?

Original poster: "Cameron B. Prince" <cplists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Brett,

Welcome back to the VTTC world...

> I was just wondering if these caps would be suitable
> as a substitution for the TDK version that is usually
> par for the course:
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7629051796&ru=http%3A%2
> F%2Fsearch.ebay.com%3A80%2Fsearch%2Fsearch.dll%3Ffrom%3DR40%26satitle%3D76
> 29051796%2509%26fvi%3D1

I have some caps like these and also the TDK's. I have found that they work
well for the bypass cap and the grid leak cap, but when it comes to the main
tank cap, mica is the way to go. The doorknob caps get hot and you can only
get comparable output if you use series/parallel combinations when using
them as the main tank cap.

Good luck with your VTTC work.

Cameron