Re: the mechanical engineering problem

Original poster: "resonance" <resonance@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Can you get me the name of the company that your group buys buss bar from? I need to get about 120 ft of 5 inch wide x 1/4 inch copper buss bar ribbon.

Dr. Resonance

To: <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, January 12, 2007 12:07 PM
Subject: Re: the mechanical engineering problem

Original poster: Yurtle Turtle <yurtle_t@xxxxxxxxx>

Using silverplated bus bar is fairly standard
practice. It has nothing to do with skin effect. We
literally have miles of the stuff, in 4" x 1/4" up to
three sets of 6" x 1/4" for 3,000 amp service. The
silver plating is to allow getting a solid connection
when splicing, or landing large conductors. Even with
silver plating, corrosion can be a problem, but copper
oxidizes so much easier there's no comparison. All of
our low and medium voltage bus bars are 60 Hz, so
there's essentially no skin effect in play.

Adam

<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=43909/*http://mobile.yahoo.com/services?promote=mail>Get

> started!

Cheap talk?