From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, January 15, 2007 11:29 PM
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Ball Lightning

Original poster: "resonance" <resonance@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

This may be one explanation of ball lightning, however, I have
witnessed it firsthand, and suspect it was an electrostatic
effect.  It formed under the guy wires of a large radio tower in the
Baraboo, Wisconsin, bluffs.  It would form and sometimes release from
this v-shaped area.  It would persist for 10-30 seconds before softly
exploding.  Sometimes it would also travel down the power wires
delivering power to the transmitter site located at the base of the
tower.  These would persist for a longer period of time, sometimes as
long as 45-60 seconds and travel 200-300 feet before popping. I was a
friend of the station engineer (fellow ham opr) and he invited me up
one summers evening to witness it as it occured for nearly 1 hour.

The radio engineer who lived with his family in a house adjacent to
the transmitter had an incident in which a large ball came through a
wall and terrified his wife before exploding.

After this occured leaves were noted piling up in a symetrical circle
around the base of the tower suggesting an electrostatic effect of
sorts.  It should also be noted the tower is anchored in a quartzite
bluff nearly 600 feet high.  The tower is an additional 600 feet above
ground.

Dr. Resonance