Re: Tesla ray gun

Original poster: "Drake Schutt" <drake89@xxxxxxxxx>

Yes, as I recall, last season on Future Weapons (discovery channel) they featured a variety of 'less than lethal' weapons including a tesla coil. It appeared to be a SSTC (drsstc? i dont really know the difference) in a black container about the size of a duffel bag. I think it had part of the seconday protruding and a VTTC type topload. It produced about 4' purple streamers and looked pretty frightening. I think they said it was more of a psychological weapon, because it actually wouldnt shock you. Is this true? If I recall SSTC's run at lower voltage and higher amperage than SGTC's. What kind of a sensation would a small to medium sized coil produce? Anyone alive to tell about it?

thanks,
drake