Weather/coil performance

Original poster: "Jared Dwarshuis" <jdwarshuis@xxxxxxxxx>

Hi: Jay

Temperature, humidity and barometric pressure will have little effect, must be something else. Perhaps your ground connection needs attention. Are you using a breakout point?

I assume that you are using an NST...........
Get to know the sound that your spark gap makes when it is working well. When the spark gap starts sounding like a sick bumblbee then you are not quenching properly and gap adjustment will be needed. It is also possible to have a gap that is not quenching because of bad primary tuning, then of course gap adjustment will not cure the problem.

My guess is that you have found the right primary tap point; that your gap needs adjustment. Beware, large gap settings place heavy loads on NST, and they are rather fragile.

Sincerely: Jared Dwarshuis