Re: Suitable doorknob caps?

Ed,

I haven't "seen" any this big either, but I think Surplus
Sales of Nebraska does carry mica transmitter caps
in values up to .2 uFd @ 140 kV and about 44" long
x 18" in diameter. Would have to weigh hundreds of
pounds and the cost is $4900 each!
http://www.surplussales.com/Capacitors/Trans_Coup_Caps/MicaTransP-ECap.html
Check out the listing at the very bottom of the page.

David Rieben"

I'm well aware of the "Robber Barons of Nebraska". They're the last resort of the desperate as their prices on most things are truly incredible. Don't know how much of that stuff they really sell. Not a recommended source for anything unless the need is so great that it's worth paying their price.

Ed