Re: Undamped oscillations

Original poster: Mike <megavolts61@xxxxxxxxx>

Original poster: "Lau, Gary" <Gary.Lau@xxxxxx>

Anyone who has ever scoped the secondary activity on a disruptive coil
can see that all activity is over long, long, long before the start of
the next bang.  With the inherent losses in any secondary system, this
just is the way it is.  Even if the BPS could have been increased to
start a bang before the previous one died, I don't believe that the
technology existed in Tesla's era to time spark gap firings with the
phase of a ringdown.

Gary Lau
MA, USA

What would be so hard about that? If your coil is ringing down at 10kHz? and you fired it a 1000 pps......It would easily be done. I would assume the coil would be built suck that you get more than 20 cycles before the logrithmic decrement tookl it to zero. All you would need is a very well controlled rotary gap motor. heck....even up to 100kHz it could be done. If you have an even number of sets of stationary gaps hooked up on a ring....all paralleled..and an odd number of electrodes on the rotor, you can get quite a multiplier compared to a simple rotary gap with just one set of stationary gaps. Each set of stationary gaps would run cooller besides. Imagine four sets of stationary gaps...and three rotary electrodes. You'd get how many firings per rev? 12? next imagine 8 sets of stationary electrodes and nine rotary electrodes. I'll stop now....lol
Mike

Mike

8:00? 8:25? 8:40? <http://tools.search.yahoo.com/shortcuts/?fr=oni_on_mail>Find a flick in no time with the<http://tools.search.yahoo.com/shortcuts/?fr=oni_on_mail>Yahoo! Search movie showtime shortcut.