Re: Weather/coil performance

Original poster: Paul Nicholson <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Mike (megavolts61) wrote:

> I just saw graphs of Pauls on the effects of humidity,
> and it seems there is a significant drop in the Q of a
> coil.

Humidity didn't seem to have an effect, so long as there
was no condensation.  As soon as temperature falls below
the dew point, condensation forms on surfaces within the
field of the coil and the Q falls.

Results from the outdoor coil measurements where curious,
with, at times, some fairly rapid Q variations.  It would
be nice to investigate these things further, but the
results we got stopped me worrying too much about the
fact that measured Q is always a lot less than predicted,
and that measurements vary from day to day.

--
Paul Nicholson
Manchester, UK.