Re: Ball Lightning from high-amp discharge

Ed
I don't remember seeing it in CSN, but it was ten years ago when I
last read it.  It is mentioned in his patent for the magnifying transmitter.
Mike"

  Which patent #?  I'm trying to figure out what he actually called
the phenomenon.

Ed

Ed,

For Jan 3rd in the CSN, NT mentions (I'm paraphrasing)
that streamers may split up
when they strike the floor, then recombine.  He mentions that some
sections of a streamer may brighten and develop the character of
a spark.  When the action is very energetic, he says that due to
the power of the streamer and other causes, the luminous portion
of the streamer becomes a veritable "fireball".  NT went on to say
that previously he had believed that so-called fireballs seen by other
folks during storms, etc were merely visual impressions such as
a person might see when receiving a blow to the head, the eye, etc.
He says he now sees how fireballs
can be created when a mass of air is heated by a powerful
discharge.  He goes on to give a long discussion of his ideas
of how the fireball is formed.

John  "

   Found it and read it.  Interesting discussion.
Ed