Re: synchronous motor

Original poster: "D.C. Cox" <resonance@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

I have a few --- $45 each. They are not hysteresis synch type which means that sometimes you have to throw the switch on/off 2 or 3 times before they go into sync but they will sync up. We usually bring up the variac to 30% to check spark output ---- if it's normal then crank the variac up to the desired setting as the rsg is in synch. If out of sync the output is considerably less.

We use these motors with a 1/4 inch thick x 7.25 inch dia. type LE or CE phenolic disk for the rotors and 3/16 inch tungsten rod for the electrodes.

Dr. Resonance

Original poster: "Todd Reeve" <todd.reeve@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

I am looking for a low cost 1800 rpm synchronous motor. Can anyone point me in the right direction?