Re: Ball Lightning from high-amp discharge

Original poster: Mike <megavolts61@xxxxxxxxx>

Well, that doesn't sound like a description of racing sparks to me as 'someone' suggested.
Mike

>Ed
>I don't remember seeing it in CSN, but it was ten years ago when I
>last read it.  It is mentioned in his patent for the magnifying
transmitter.
>Mike"
>
>   Which patent #?  I'm trying to figure out what he actually called
>the phenomenon.
>
>Ed

Ed,

For Jan 3rd in the CSN, NT mentions (I'm paraphrasing)
that streamers may split up
when they strike the floor, then recombine.  He mentions that some
sections of a streamer may brighten and develop the character of
a spark.  When the action is very energetic, he says that due to
the power of the streamer and other causes, the luminous portion
of the streamer becomes a veritable "fireball".  NT went on to say
that previously he had believed that so-called fireballs seen by other
folks during storms, etc were merely visual impressions such as
a person might see when receiving a blow to the head, the eye, etc.
He says he now sees how fireballs
can be created when a mass of air is heated by a powerful
discharge.  He goes on to give a long discussion of his ideas
of how the fireball is formed.

John  "

    Found it and read it.  Interesting discussion.
Ed

Need Mail bonding?
Go to the <http://answers.yahoo.com/dir/index;_ylc=X3oDMTFvbGNhMGE3BF9TAzM5NjU0NTEwOARfcwMzOTY1NDUxMDMEc2VjA21haWxfdGFnbGluZQRzbGsDbWFpbF90YWcx?link=ask&sid=396546091>Yahoo! Mail Q&A for <http://answers.yahoo.com/dir/index;_ylc=X3oDMTFvbGNhMGE3BF9TAzM5NjU0NTEwOARfcwMzOTY1NDUxMDMEc2VjA21haWxfdGFnbGluZQRzbGsDbWFpbF90YWcx?link=ask&sid=396546091>great tips from Yahoo! Answers users.