Re: vttc_project_picture

Original poster: Mike <megavolts61@xxxxxxxxx>

I agree with Greg. Nice photography and a really nice layout of the setup. Many years ago, I stumbled across a VTTC at a garage sale. Bought it for $10. One cool thing it had in the circuit was a light bulb(I presume used for current limiting in some way). When it was operating the bulb was filled with a swirling cloud of purple plasma. That was almost as neat as the output of the coil. It only produced about a 3 inch flaming output, but it would melt a grounded metal target. I can't wait to see pix of your output.
Mike

That's pretty sharp photography.  I like the looks of
that VTTC.  It has a very neat, clean layout.  Is that
the permanent home of the 833A?  Up on the top deck?
That's going to look cool when the filament is glowing
and the toroid is sparking.

I hope you will continue to update the list with new
images as you make progress.  Just looking at yours
makes me want to surf e-bay for an 833A.  IGBTs?  I
don't need no stinking IGBTs!  Gimme a big 'ol glass
bottle and a 40 lb. plate transformer!

Cheers,

Greg

<http://www.hot-streamer.com/brett/misc/single_833_vttc_mockup.jpg>http://www.hot-streamer.com/brett/misc/single_833_vttc_mockup.jpg

8:00? 8:25? 8:40? <http://tools.search.yahoo.com/shortcuts/?fr=oni_on_mail>Find a flick in no time with the<http://tools.search.yahoo.com/shortcuts/?fr=oni_on_mail>Yahoo! Search movie showtime shortcut.