RE: vttc_project_picture

Original poster: "Dr. Spark" <azdrspark@xxxxxxx>

Good day,

The problem with bigger bottles is they have larger seals around the pins.
If the pins get to hot, the seals will fail. After a long run, my plate
heat sinks are warm. I could imagine hot they would be without the fins.
The grid pin really does not need a heat sink, but it looks cool and
ensures the seals never get hot.

You can get the heat sinks from RF Parts @
http://www.rfparts.com/sockets.html#plate

Also in the pictures below I have two sets of fans, one set blowing on the
base of the tube to keep the filaments pins cool and one set at the top to
keep the plate seals cool. This really helps those bottles live a happy
life.

http://www.drspark.org/images/tubeiew.jpg

http://www.drspark.org/images/backofcoil.jpg

rgs,