RE: vttc_project_picture

Original poster: Brett Miller <brmtesla2@xxxxxxxxx>

> Original poster: "S&JY" <youngs@xxxxxxxxx>
>
> Brett,
>
> Recently someone (Hoops?) posted pictures of an 833A
> setup which used finned
> plate & grid caps to help dissipate heat from the
> tube.  It's a very good
> idea - you should consider doing that instead of
> using the ceramic ones.
> You should also use a fan to blow air at the 833A to
> further help with
> cooling.
> --Steve Y.

Steve,

I did see that setup and will definately be on the
lookout for the finned heat sink equipped plate and
grid caps at the hamfest next month.  I have several
fans which were used to cool spark gaps in my
disruptive coils, which I can easily employ to the use
of 833A cooling.

I will probably however, succumb to the temptation to
try a few short runs with the system using the ceramic
caps until I get a chance to order some new finned
ones or find them used.  I don't mind spending a bit
on coiling if it's a good time for me, but I just
purchased some doorknobs and a nice rca socket for the
filament pins...so it might have to wait until after
the hamfest I'm attending later on in February.

Yes, it was Chris Hooper who had the nice finned caps.
 Perhaps he can point me to the supplier he ordered
them from.

Thanks.

-Brett

Get your own web address.