RE: Jonathon's 6" Coil (fwd) -> Streamer length to voltage (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2007 11:15:55 -0400
From: "Lau, Gary" <Gary.Lau@xxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Jonathon's 6" Coil (fwd) -> Streamer length to voltage (fwd)

Yes - well summarized.  Perhaps the take-home message is that it's
currently pointless (IMO) to describe a coil as a 240kV or whatever
device (except perhaps in eBay ad text aimed at those who don't know
better).  I think the only quantifiable and verifiable measure of
performance of a coil is streamer length.  Granted, this is a very
incomplete metric, as length is a tradeoff with brightness, and some may
value brightness over length.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA

Vsec,