Re: "NONRADIATIVE" POWER TRANSFER (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2007 04:48:30 -0700 (PDT)
From: Mike <megavolts61@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: "NONRADIATIVE" POWER TRANSFER (fwd)

I wrote to the MIT guys and asked them to explain to me why they thought
they had something new going on.  I got no reply.
  Mike

      According to the Science weekly bulletin the stupid MIT article is
being published in this week's (July 6) Science.  I hope a number of
 you
will write carefully-prepared letters of protest to the editor as I
intend to do after I receive the magazine, probably next Thursday.
Points to make:

1. There's no new discovery of any kind here by other than the authors.

  Their " remarkable discovery" that two coupled circuits tuned to the
same frequency would exhibit enhanced coupling was demonstratedThe
 basic
principle was used in public and well documented demonstrations by
Nikola Tesla in the early 1890's and in high power demonstrations at
Colorado Springs 1899-1900.  He was issued several patents
 demonstrating
the principle clearly.  The remarkable discovery that two coupled
circuits tuned to the same frequency would exhibit enhanced coupling
 was
demonstrated in public by Oliver Lodge in 1889.

2. A thorough mathematic analysis of the coupling between tuned
 circuits
was published by Paul Drude in the early 1900's.

3. The authors demonstration can be predicted by well-known expressions

dating from this time, published in numerous text books and manuals and

in wide useage by "radio engineers" by the early 1920's.

4. In spite of their use of the term "non-radiative" the actual power
radiated in their experiments was at least 100 times (actually nearer
1000 I think but haven't done the calculations) larger than permitted
 by
FCC regulations.

5. etc. etc.

Ed