brass or tungsten (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 08 Jul 2007 20:28:00 -0400
From: Scott Bogard <teslas-intern@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: brass or tungsten

Hey everybody,
     A quick question, would I be better off using a tungsten rod or a brass
rod in a propeller rotary gap?  my thinking is that tungsten would be able
to withstand the heat better, but it is expensive and fussy to work with,
and brass would conduct better and be cheaper, and I could get it in a
bigger diameter (making it last longer because of improved heat
dissipation).  When it wears out, I can just move the stationary electrodes
in to compensate.  I'm just looking for other opinions, and maybe if
somebody has done some experiments, that would be cool.  Thanks a bunch.
Scott Bogard.

http://liveearth.msn.com