Re: Twin SSTC (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2007 22:46:29 EDT
From: FIFTYGUY@xxxxxxx
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Twin SSTC (fwd)

In a message dated 7/8/07 6:59:55 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
tesla@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

>>     Forgive my question, but why do you have to  have a  trigger for all
the
>> SISG stages? Wouldn't triggering  only one stage (for  practicality, the
stage
>> closest to  ground) overvolt the remaining SISG stages  into  conduction?
>
>Many people have asked the same question, and I`l  try to make it clear.

Thanks, Finn!
    Your explanation makes sense, but it seems like  you have to go through a
lot of gyrations to accommodate the resonant charging  supply.

>There is a charging inductor downstream,

    Or is that *upstream*?

>This would also make it a coil that could only run at near full  power,

>which I don`t like. Terry and others have reported how it is  unnerving

>to witness a SISG coil burst into life without  warning.

Could you also control a triggered SISG by altering  the duty cycle? Utilize
sections that won't trigger at the highest supply  voltage, and only let them
conduct when you trigger them? This would let you  ramp the BPS from zero to
max, but at a constant bang size.

-Phil LaBudde
Center for the Advanced Study of Ballistic  Improbabilities