180 BPS synch? (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2007 16:31:13 -0400
From: Scott Bogard <teslas-intern@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: 180 BPS synch?

Greetings all,
     I was curious, what would the results be of a synchronous motor (1800
rpm) being used with 6 electrodes, for 180 BPS.  My thinking is that the arc
put out would be slightly more random due to uneven firing voltages, like an
asynch gap, but prevent dangerous resonant rises, due top it's tenancy to
inevitably repeat a defined patter over and over again (also different
"phasing" may effect output, but I don't think it would ever settle on a
phase it cannot operate with, or one that would give optimum power).  Has
anybody tried this, what do you guys think (I just finished building a
120/240 BPS sync, so I don't think I will be building another soon, but
maybe somebody else can try it).  Thanks.
Scott Bogard.

Need a brain boost? Recharge with a stimulating game. Play now!
http://club.live.com/home.aspx?icid=club_hotmailtextlink1