RE: synchronous gap help (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 08:55:27 -0400
From: "Lau, Gary" <Gary.Lau@xxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: synchronous gap help (fwd)

I think you're going to run into a problem using your relatively small
teletype motor to spin-up such a heavy 3/8" thick disk.  I was barely
able to get such a motor to spin a 09" thick x 6.12" diameter G10 disk
with just 4 brass acorn nuts electrodes, and it utterly failed to sync
with anything larger.  I'd strongly recommend using a propeller gap if
using a Teletype motor.  My SRSG page:
http://www.laushaus.com/tesla/sync_gap.htm, and Terry Blake's:
http://tb3.com/tesla/sparkgaps/index.html

Regards, Gary Lau