Re: Ignition Coils (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 21:48:51 -0400
From: Scott Bogard <teslas-intern@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Ignition Coils (fwd)

Wow, that is really neat (and confusing)!  As much as I hate to admit when
I'm wrong (not really!), this presents some real opportunities.  I think Dr.
R is right (referencing the next post, which I have already read), a solid
state setup would be the way to go with this particular arrangement.  So,
Back to Daniels original question, If you wanted to use one of these mains
voltage AIC transformers to drive a TC, you would want to rectify the
outputs and make a DC coil right?  Or is their resonant frequency low enough
to use as AC coil power supplies.  Considering they only draw 1 amp, I'd
imagine you could parallel a dozen or so identical units to make a pretty
monster power supply.  I have also been investigating a similar method for
use with flyback transformers (to make simpler plasma globe drivers, with
like three parts) Do you think this would work (assuming you wound a very
high number of turns primary, to keep the turns ratio down in a reasonable
level, and had your solid state gap set to the right number of "breaks per
second").  Just musing.
Scott Bogard.

http://liveearth.msn.com