Re: switching options for huge cap discharges (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2007 13:28:54 -0500
From: resonance <resonance@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: switching options for huge cap discharges (fwd)

We use National 7703 Ignitrons, 20 kV standoff and reliable switching of
45,000 Amperes.  Trigger is with a simple 2 kV DC cap, 2 uF rating.  We use
a 850 TV type power supply xmfr with voltage doubler and then switch thru a
standard Hg relay.  Works fine if you keep the relay on an insulated post or
chuck of phenolic.  Rell has them new for around $1,100.00.  I have them
used, cheap.

I have some used ones in stock if you need one or two.   Contact me
off-list.

Dr. Resonance
Resonance Research Corp.
www.resonanceresearch.com