Re: New guy questions (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 11:26:39 -0400
From: futuret@xxxxxxx
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: New guy questions (fwd)

 1) How critical is the Secondary HD ratio?  I found some guidance, but
> also see some folks seem to ditch the convention - for example,
maintaining
> an HD of 4 to 4.5 for a 4" coil form.

Dan,?

The ratio is not very critical.? But keep it within the normal range for best results.
For example for a 15/30 NST, I like to use a 4" secondary that is 19" to 23" tall,
wound with 28awg magnet? wire.
I top the coil with a 4" x 13" spun aluminum toroid, and I use a sync 120 bps
rotary spark gap.

?http://hometown.aol.com/futuret/page3.html

John