RE: propeller gap help (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 16:12:27 -0400
From: Scott Bogard <teslas-intern@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: propeller gap help (fwd)

Shaun,
     That depends on what you want you electrode speed to be.  My advice for
you would be to use thinner (cheaper) tungsten.  A 12/60 NST is only 720
watts, and only requires a cap between 13-25 nf (depending on secondary size
and other factors).  I think 1/4 inch is a bit overkill, I use 1/8-in at
twice the power (which is just a bit slim, but it seems to work fine).
Anyway, 7 inches (which is the standard tungsten electrode size) gives just
over 37 MPH, and seems to work for most of us using propeller gaps, just
fine.  Good luck.
Scott Bogard.