Re: variable inductor primary tuning (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 21:07:38 -0400
From: Scott Bogard <teslas-intern@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: variable inductor primary tuning (fwd)

Greg, Others,
     I'll be a little more specific on the setup I had in mind, I was
thinking on driving a very small LC primary to oscillate either a tiny
minuscule secondary, or even a large flyback transformer.  It will run off
of mains voltage (through a choke or ballast), and I intend to replace a
spark gap, with a back to back pair of MOSFETs (opposite polarity) which
will fire at X BPS from a signal generator (I don't have exact details, it
is a work in progress) (this setup will be similar to the mains voltage AIC
made by Jeff Behary).  I will calculate approximate values for the "tank
cap" and primary inductance, to get the resonant frequency of either my tiny
secondary, of flyback xformer.  But in order to make up for imperfections in
the components (and more likely my calculations) I wanted a tunable primary,
so I thought I might just wire a tap-able inductor in series with my primary
coil, but I wasn't sure if this would work, although this variometer concept
holds potential as well, I'll have to research the concept some more.
Thanks.
Scott Bogard.

>From: "Tesla list" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
>To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: Re: variable inductor primary tuning (fwd)
>Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 17:21:37 -0600 (MDT)

Local listings, incredible imagery, and driving directions - all in one
place! http://maps.live.com/?wip=69&FORM=MGAC01