large custom-made (commercial) TC HV transformers (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 16:34:59 -0600
From: gomez addams <gomezaddams@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: large custom-made (commercial) TC HV transformers

I guess this is the second or third time I've tried to sell these.  I have
two of them.  I'm basing my asking price on pole pigs and potential
transformers I've seen which seem comparable.  Because these were
custom-built specifically for powering Tesla coils, are like new, have never
been used (except for testing), and have stainless cases, I think they are
rather special, and probably just right for a big TC project.

These transformers cost over $1,000 new (each).
I'm asking $400 quick-sale (each) or the best offer over $300 (each), which
I think is a steal. However, if you want them shipped, you will also need to
pay for motor freight and the cost of crating.  If someone thinks these
prices are way out of line, please explain, I'll listen (even though I might
not agree in the end.  :-)

max input: 240V

max output: 15,000 single ended - case ground

max current at full rated voltage: 500mA

max current into dead short: 800mA

manufacturer: contact me - can't remember - writing this at work - might be
"Magnetic Specialties", not sure.

case/tank material: 400 series stainless steel

oil: modern (non-PCB) transformer oil

ballast: external magnetic, custom (it wasn't easy getting that small a gap
between the max load current and short circuit current!)

output bushing: standard large FRP type commonly seen on modern pole pigs

Note that these transformers can be used in series (grounded cases connected
together, primaries wired in parallel out of phase) for 30kV out for 24kW
coil. In fact, that was exactly what I'd intended to do... before I decided
to cancel that project.  I just don't have the space to store or even
operate such a machine once I finished it.  I'm (slowly) building a  good
looking, high-efficiency (well, for a gap-drive coil anyway) machine, which
will probably be my last Tesla coil project.

Sincerely interested parties please email offers to me off-list.  I will
also try to get some photos up on the web tonight if there's interest.

regards,
 - Bill Lemieux,
Denver, Colorado