RE: spark gap configuration (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2007 17:14:37 -0400
From: Scott Bogard <teslas-intern@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: spark gap configuration (fwd)

John,
     We covered this a few weeks ago, so I'll recap for you.  Definitely put
it across both legs of the supply transformer, it is better that way.  It
helps prevent nasty voltage spikes from killing your transformer (or
transformers), and your performance is the same either way (I've tried both,
the spark gap fires smoother across the transformers as well, an added
bonus!).  As I understand it, the impedance of the primary, and the "short
circuit" of the spark gap, hold the capacitor back from jolting gobs of
energy into the transformer, where it isn't wanted.  I suggest you check in
the archives, they give all the technical reasons for why this is, and can
probably explain it much better than I can.  Have fun.
Scott Bogard.

>From: "Tesla list" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
>To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: spark gap configuration (fwd)
>Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2007 10:56:28 -0600 (MDT)
>
>Original poster: List moderator <mod1@xxxxxxxxxx>

Play games, earn tickets, get cool prizes. Play now–it's FREE!
http://club.live.com/home.aspx?icid=CLUB_hotmailtextlink1