Re: Highest TC voltage. Comments and data needed (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 11:23:01 +0800
From: Peter Terren <pterren@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Highest TC voltage. Comments and data needed

I was just looking at the Tesla Memorial Society of New York site
http://www.teslasociety.com:80/teslacoil.htm
which claims:
"... Voltages can get to be well above 1,000,000 volts and are discharged in
the form of electrical arcs. Tesla himself got arcs up to 100,000,000 volts,
but I don't think that has been duplicated by anybody else..".
I have sent them a note correcting that.  Measuring TC voltages can be done
with planar, arrays, single shot length, and water column voltage dividers
as far as I know.  I remember Dr Res getting results of something like 850kV
for his big coils with 20+ feet of arc.
Would anyone like to comment on documented readings for the biggest coils
around and an estimate for Teslas original setup. We really need to have
something a bit more definitive to counter the above ridiculous estimates.
I wonder if Dr Res, Greg Leyh, Jeff Parisse and others could have some input
in this.

Peter