Re: Solid state gaps - what happened? (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 14:19:17 -0700
From: seanick <edgarsbat@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Solid state gaps - what happened? (fwd)

I must concur with John on that. I was seriously considering a SISG, but
then when I didn't see much more about them on the list I assumed they were
not effective and resigned myself to consider the next improvement for my
SRSG I would work on.
the main reason I haven't been posting is, well, I haven't been working on
my coil lately. I will get to it soon I hope but have been either busy at
work, playing some stupid MMORPG or another while at home, and every where
in between my other hobbies have suffered. but I'm actually starting to
think about coiling again.

It would be great to see some examples of SISG coils in use, as well as the
schematics for any changes that need to be made from a SRSG coil (for
instance, what does a DC coil circuit look like? I've seen them mentioned
many times, but never the schematics...) another thing is cost, but not of
the SISG.. rather, the caps needed.

Since they are DC are there any other types of caps that could be used other
than polyprops? or are poly caps the only effective cap in any coil, dc or
otherwise?

Thanks
NICK