Re: NST Shunt Removal (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 19:20:27 -0400
From: otmaskin5@xxxxxxx
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: NST Shunt Removal (fwd)

Thanks everybody for the advice.  Sounds like heat is the only potential problem - which I gather can be managed with oil emersion & possibly tempurature monitoring.  I don't usually do very long runs anyhow - maybe a minute or minute and a half.

I'm going to find a suitable container for the depotted NST & then I'll have a good idea of how much transformer oil I would need.  I'll contact you, Dr R, to order some - thanks for your offer.

What does everybody usually use to contain an oil-immersed NST?  Tupperware type of stuff?  I assume a container slightly bigger than the NST would contain enough oil for sufficient cooling.

Thx again, Dennis Hopkinton MA