Re: NST Shunt Removal (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 18:23:30 -0700
From: Barton B. Anderson <bartb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: NST Shunt Removal (fwd)

Hi Adam,

Ammeters are fused. Run too much current and it blows. But, if I'm ever
unsure, I first put it on the high 20A range (or as high as your
particular meter can read). You'll get a good ballpark, and if then you
can measure the low current value more accurately if the ballpark number
falls within the low current capability.

I don't have any auto ranging ammeters. All my meters have either a
fixed high current and low current receptacles. I really wouldn't care
if it was set on auto range or fixed. The current drawn is what it is.
The auto range should adjust as necessary.

Take care,
Bart