Re: those folks at MIT (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 18:53:00 -0700
From: Barton B. Anderson <bartb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: those folks at MIT (fwd)

>Now having read the entire paper, I have some generalized comments:
>
>1) For such a huge crowd of folks working on it, they didn't actually
>do much.  Was this, perhaps, something like a senior project with a
>team of students?

Hi Jim,

Your statement above says it all. Yes, likely a senior class project.
Engineers with little knowledge in everything and not one with a real
knowledge of anything. I know some MIT grads and other highly educated
engineers. They are certainly well educated, they have a lot of smarts
in certain aspects of mechanics, but when it comes to electronic and
electrical fields, it's amazing what they don't know (they pretend very
well). They can tell you the basic functions for the workings of say a
motor, but dive off into RF resonant circuits and their lost. One
particular MIT individual I had to teach basic properties of relay
contact physics (this guy we called Golden Boy, because he could do no
wrong according to management).

The problem is they (and us) specialize in particular fields of
interest. I think this particular thread is showing that the MIT
engineers are new to this field. I'm surprised that MIT grads who are
specialized in RF resonant circuits (and there are plenty who actually
know RF resonant circuits) have either been ignored or have not said
anything?

Take care,
Bart