Re: variac voltage out (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 21:54:34 -0400
From: Scott Bogard <teslas-intern@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: variac voltage out (fwd)

Well then,
     If that would not work, would it be possible to run something like say,
a distribution transformer, which needs 240V in, off a beefy 120 variac put
through a 2/1 potential transformer (I'm not sure if that is the correct
term for them, but I have seen these transformers at work that simply turn
120 into 240, or 480, or 6 hundred something and vice-versa), (this is all
theoretical by the way, I don't have a pole pig, "yet").  Or, scenario 2,
say perhaps, that one has a 240 volt source, and 2 120 volt variacs, would
one be able to center tap series them (like MOTS, assuming the secondary
taps are locked so they both pull the same voltage as they are turned).
Once again, just curious!
Scott Bogard.

>From: "Tesla list" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
>To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx