Evanacence of Real History Re: Non-Radiative Evanescent Waves are back in the news, Political (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 05:36:47 -0400
From: Dave Pierson <davep@xxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Evanacence of Real History   Re: Non-Radiative Evanescent Waves are
    back in the news, Political (fwd)

>Seems to me that many saw radio the same way. Low efficiency, unreliable,
>too costly and telegraph is more reliable.
    Not sure who these 'many' might be.

    Marconi and his backers put millions into 'radio'.
    So did sundry militaries.
    Dozens of 'academics'/Engineers from Hertz forward took it up.
    Tesla was handed some hundreds of thouands to develop radio.
    (Hint: thats what Wardenclyffe was supposed to be for.
    Radio is what J P Morgan was paying for.)

    Hint I:  I have about two shelf feet of 'wirelss' _tech_ books from before
             1900.

    Hint II:  Try google books for History of Wireless Telegraphy, authour
              Fahie. (?? or close to that.)
              This HISTORY (!!) writ ca 1900 is available for free download.
    (To be fair, someone handed me the link which I mislaid.  I'm
    guessing that google points to it.) This 300 odd page book tells a
    rather different version....)

> Other than some Ham radio operators and radio operators on ships who uses Morse Code.
    The written, documented, history is considerably at variance with this.

    best
     dwp