RE: Evanacence of Real History Re: Non-Radiative Evanescent Waves areback in the news, Political (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 10:48:51 -0500
From: David Thomson <dwt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: 'Tesla list' <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Evanacence of Real History   Re: Non-Radiative Evanescent Waves
    areback in the news, Political (fwd)

Hi Dave,

> >Seems to me that many saw radio the same way. Low efficiency,
> >unreliable, too costly and telegraph is more reliable.
>
> dwp-Not sure who these 'many' might be.
>
> dwp-Hint I:  I have about two shelf feet of 'wirelss' _tech_
> books from before 1900.

Hint I.a: Perhaps the "many" are enumerated in your two shelf feet of
'wireless' _tech_ books!

Hint I.b: Tesla should be among those authors and Tesla clearly stated that
his wireless system did not utilize Hertzian radiation, but utilized the
exact same principles as acoustic sound waves.

Nobody questions the mechanical power transmission of sound through air
molecules.  How could they, it is the basis of all human speech!  Soljacic
and Tesla are using the exact same mechanics as sound propogation except the
medium is the Earth's electrostatic field instead of air molecules.

Radio waves can be propogated at audio frequencies, and yet they can go
undetected if they also do not oscillate physical matter into producing
longitudinal waves, which in turn create sound.  Similarly, as Tesla
discovered, charged surfaces (ionized molecules and electrons) can be
oscillated longitudinally with minimal transverse oscillations (Hertzian
waves).

The mechanical, longitudinal oscillation of ions need not be associated with
electromagnetic radiation or alternating currents.  The laws of physics
governing radiation thus do not apply to the mechanical oscillation of ions,
except in the near field.  Once the nearby ions are mechanically oscillated,
using standard inductive and capacitive coupling methods, the oscillations
then carry out into space purely by mechanical motion, not by EM radiation.

You guys just don't seem to get the concept that mechanical propogation of
ions is not governed by Maxwell's equations.  Only the initial oscillation
in the near field is governed by Maxwell's equations.  The mechanical
oscillations of the ions carrying into space are governed only by the laws
of acoustics as applied to the ionized medium.

Dave