Re: 15kVA 12.6kV pole pig (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2007 10:50:12 -0500
From: Bert Hickman <bert.hickman@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: 15kVA  12.6kV pole pig (fwd)

Doh...

Now I see (in the header!) that your pig's output voltage is 12.6 kV.
and not 14.4 kV. This blows away about half of my previous post... :^)

With this output and ballast setting, you should be operating in STR
mode (good!). However, you are still saturating your variac ballast when
the gap fires. To prevent this, you'll either need to cut the core of
your ballast variac(s), or use an external current limiting ballast that
does not saturate under the stiffer loading presented by your pig.

Sorry for the "senior moment",

Bert
--
We specialize in UNIQUE items! Coins shrunk by huge
magnetic fields, Lichtenberg Figures (our "Captured