Combination Coil (was conical secondary) (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 10:10:10 -0500
From: David Thomson <dwt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: 'Tesla list' <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Combination Coil (was conical secondary)

Hi Bart,

I downloaded your JavaTC program, but I didn't see instructions for setting
it up.  BTW, is there some way to save my own default settings?

After seeing Jeff's coil setup using a brass tube, I'm going to try the same
thing with one of my flat spiral coils.  I have a few questions.

When you input my three coil system, did you simply enter the tall solenoid
coil as a cylindrical topload with identical physical dimensions?

How did you enter the flat spiral into the secondary fields?

Do you think there is any difference in the third coil frequency for open
and closed waveguides?  I'm wondering if I should cap the waveguide at the
top, bottom, or both.  If I use caps, I'm thinking I can leave the top cap
loose and use it for fine tuning the coil.

Also, I would like to use a sphere at the top of the cylinder.  Would it
work to just add both the cylinder and spherical toploads?

Thanks for your help.

David W. Thomson