Re: 3 Coil System Was: A photographic tutorial of Pancake Coil winding...with movies...(fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2007 20:30:57 -0700
From: Barton B. Anderson <bartb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: 3 Coil System      Was: A photographic tutorial of Pancake Coil
    winding...with movies...(fwd)

Hi Dave,

I said:

>What would be really interesting is a high coupling 3 coil maggy in
>close proximity all using flat coils! Now that, we can model (unlike
>that cone topload object which is a real pain in the butt).

I was thinking about maybe running a model of that, but realized before
I started that a flat L3 would be problematic. The outer diameter would
be the hot end and that just becomes mechanically and electrically
frustrating.

I then played with those cone shapes again. Internet Explorer had
problems inserting over 20 rings (an argument passing problem to the
drawing applets). I installed the latest Mozilla Firefox and it did fine
installing the components into geotc, however, the drawing applet just
would not update after the 20 objects. I also altered the max script
value within the all.js file within the Mozilla program directory (to
stop that annoying script message).

It is possible to model a cone (roughly). But the shape would be
difficult to wind. However, an inverted cone allows the hot end of the
cone to be topped off with a toroid or similar shape and rises the
topload above the other two coils. Basically, once the capacitive
a matter of turns and wire size to produce L3 at the same resonance (as
long as it is the same shape and size as was modeled capacitively). It
is a long process. My fastest computer takes about 4 minutes to do a
single run (which is a lot better than the previous 30 minutes on this
computer).

Just musing.

Take care,
Bart