Re: those folks at MIT (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2007 21:23:30 -0700 (PDT)
From: Mike <megavolts61@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: those folks at MIT (fwd)

Hi all,
       It seems to me that the MIT bunch missed a lot in ther tellling of their 'wonderous new achievement' .    I wonder if they rotated the reciever coil,  oh say about 90º,   how much power they'd get to that light bulb.    For a system to recharge laptops etc.....does the receiver have to be in direct ine with the transmitter?
  Mike

     Thanks for your comments.  Seems to me you mentioned those
experiments here on pupman and steered us to some photographs you had
taken.  As for this paper you'll note that the authors didn't cite any
papers on RESONANT coupling, only on inductive coupling at power line
frequencies; the Tesla patent covered top load construction as I recall

and they completely missed his "world power system" patents.  Careless
research at best!!!  .  I think most of us believe that they think
they'd discovered for the first time that "self resonant circuits"
couple more tightly and that detuning reduces the coupling!!!  Lodge
demonstrated the latter in 1889 and Tesla certainly had many public and

private (Colorado Springs) demonstrations by the turn of  the 20th
century.  Essentially all spark transmitters used resonant coupling of
course.

Ed