RE: A photographic tutorial of Pancake Coil winding...with movies...(fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 14:02:10 -0500
From: David Thomson <dwt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: 'Tesla list' <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: A photographic tutorial of Pancake Coil winding...with
    movies...(fwd)

Hi Colin,

> >> Who said anything about the speed of sound?  You are talking about
> >> oscillating the copper and aluminum molecules.  I'm on a completely
> >> different page.  I'm talking about acoustically (longitudinally)
> >> oscillating the free electrons associated with the copper and
> >> aluminum, not the molecules of the pipes.
>
> Excellent statement.  You have a clear view in your mind of
> what is happening to the electrons in the tube.  We aren't
> clear what this is.  If you can give us a precise description
> of your view I think we would have a much better chance of
> all talking about the same thing.
>
> Could you therefore please describe:
>
> A) exactly which direction the electrons are moving in (up
> and down the length of the tube?)

We will have to leave this question unanswered.  The last time I brought in
my physics model, it created a lot of emotions and shut down the thread.  We
can save this for later, after I have successfully performed my experiment.
If it doesn't work, then there is no point in presenting the theory.  And
even if it does work, nobody will be able to sit still long enough without
scathing comments until the experiment is finished, anyway.

> B) whether the size of the displacement alters according to
> the position along the tube (do the ones in the middle move
> further, the same or less than those at the ends)?

It would be identical to the displacement of air molecules in sound or water
molecules in a tsunami.

> C) do all the electrons move in sync, or are the ones at the
> end out of phase with the middle or each other?

They are out of phase.

> D) what is restoring force which makes them oscillate
> (repulsion between the clumped electrons, attraction to the
> fixed nuclei, bouncing of the ends of the tube?)

We will have to leave this question unanswered for the time being for the
same reason as above.

> E) roughly how far are the electons moving?

I would have to review my acoustics text and see how this applies to
electrons.

> F) at what frequency are they oscillating?

The resonant frequency of the secondary or a fundamental octave of it.  My
third coils were, and again will be, designed for the third fundamental
octave.

> G) how does the electrostatic (or magnetic) field from the
> main coil couple energy into the electron motion you describe?

That will have to wait, too.

Please do not become impatient and try to drag me into a theoretical debate
on the Aether Physics Model.  You must be aware that it is really a sore
topic on this list.  It is enough that we can talk about longitudinal waves
in the third coil.  Either it can be proved to exist, or not.  The physics
theory behind it can come later, if the experiment is successful.  And even
then, it will still be a sore spot.

However, if you wish to engage me offlist, I will gladly discuss this with
you.  And if there are several who are interested, we can discuss this on
one of my own lists.

Dave