RE: Wireless power transmission (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 16:15:39 +0100
From: Colin Dancer <colind@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: 'Tesla list' <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Wireless power transmission (fwd)

Dave,

I've read very carefully your past emails and what you say below still
doesn't feel very clear.  I genuinely want to understand what you're
suggesting, so please consider answering a few more questions.

>> I will likely drop this thread again, as there is no point in
>> recapping what we have already said.  The ion density becomes
>> very strong by virtue of the ions emitted by the Tesla coil and
>> captured by the E field.  When the ion density is maximized for
>> the strength of the E field, the Tesla coil no longer emits ions
>> (potential in E field equals potential in coil).  If, however,
>> you build a receiver that taps the potential of the E field,
>> a stream of ions will be emitted by the Tesla coil to fill the
>> "tunnel" of lower potential.  Thus, power can be transmitted
>> in a more or less straight line right through the air, just as Tesla
claimed.

* When you talk about the "E field", is this the high frequency time varying
field between the top load of a coil and the ground?

* Don't the field line from such a source mainly terminate in the ground
near the coil (or at least within a few times the coil height)?

* If they don't, how sharply does the E field drop off with distance, in
particular is it slower than inverse square?

* When you say the ions are "captured by the E field", how exactly are they
held in one place by an E-field varying in a high frequency fashion?

* What kind of ion densities are you proposing and how quickly does this
drop off with distance?

* As before, why don't interactions with neutral particles in the air
dominate the electrostatic forces?

Please consider answering these questions so we can have a clear idea of
what you're proposing.

Cheers,

Colin.