RE: 3 Coil System Was: A photographic tutorial ofPancakeCoilwinding...withmovies...(fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 10:27:43 -0500
From: David Thomson <dwt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: 'Tesla list' <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: 3 Coil System      Was: A photographic tutorial
    ofPancakeCoilwinding...withmovies...(fwd)

Hi Bart,

> I'm not trying to do wireless power and I don't have the
> knowledge to say pro or con. But when it comes to practical
> EM theory, (for example when a coil is inductively coupled or
> not), then I'm there (mouth and ears open). That's what I
> enjoy, so there is where my interest resides.

Fair enough.

Here's a techie question:

I have a really neat high voltage "video input" circuit from an old HP piece
of test equipment.  There are two large capacitors and a cascade of
resistors and a diode between them.  Essentially, it converts a high
potential to a low potential.  What I want to do is use this circuit as an E
field detector.

I have a DATAQ DI-148U acquistion module, which I would like to wire the
circuit output to.  My question is simple.  If I place a probe near the high
potential resonator of the coil and another probe a given distance out, and
connect one probe to each of the capacitors on the board, will I have a
reliable measurement of the E field?  If so, how can I position the probes
and calibrate this device to give a meaningful reading?

Dave